NiGHt RaiN: <u>Dee</u>Jay

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

DeeJay

If You Could, You Would
by Me.


If you could, you'd take my hand,
And fly me to the moon.
If you could, you'd blow from your palm
The lightest stones of blue.

If you could, you'd beckon winds
So we could fly on wings of dreams.
If you could, you'd sing to me
The rushing laughter of streams.

But you would spend an hour with me,
And you would share a joke with me,
And you would shoulder a burden with me,
As we journey down the road.

The times we laughed,
The times we cried,
The moments we smiled,
The moments we sighed,
Are shining as brightly as spring.

.....

Alright, so it's cliched and lame. But Kak Han would say: DON'T DISS CLICHES!, and since this is poem was written from the bottom of my heart, so I guess the bottom of my heart is a very lame place. Whatever lahh. That's not my point!


My point is this. This month and the month past had been pretty difficult for me. I lost many friends, not in the sense that I am arguing with them, but rather the kind where you feel a drift growing in between. I also realised some other things, and thinking all that PLUS being away from all those 'friends' made me feel awful. Without a doubt, I was down, though not out. The worst part was that I was terribly, terribly lonely.

But thanks to the following people who I am going to name, I'm pretty sure that I can say that have 'healed', in a way. Really, I wanna apologise for being such a sod-dotted, soaking wet blanket last time.

So. I give my apologies, my thanks, and my dedication of this post and poem to:

My family, for simply being there when I return home from a hard day.

To Mun, my patient half-sidekick, for putting up with an old hag like me.

To Zahira, for caring and for being a great comfort.

And lastly to Mas, for everything.

I really owe you guys a lot.

Deenana at 8:05 AM