NiGHt RaiN: OK
Navigation
Archives
Thank You
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
OK
Everyday I will be introducing to you a poem, saying, sentence, or quote that has a meaning with what I have experienced, felt or done for the day. Yup, that is what this blog is all about.Not in Vain
By Emily Dickson If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain: If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain......Today a friend cried due to pressure after finishing an exam. I was surprised that she was crying, although I shouldn't have been because the paper was dee ey em an tough man. I just thought that I was the only one who thought that much. Shows how much I know, huh?So anyway, me Mun Mas and Loi was about to leave school when we saw her. So, being the brave heroic people that we were, we rushed to her side and to her rescue! We comforted her (or tried to anyway), and soon ended up just talking to ourselves, which worked. All we did was just talk and talk and talk all sorts of crappy things, but it worked. I guess it was because we were so funny that it made her smile. Or maybe it was because my presence was just too charming? (HAHAH goes you) Either way, we were just there beside her, pretending like nothing was wrong and that nothing was going on, and I think that was what really helped. Of course, the fact that we tore a piece of paper from Mun's notebook and wrote encouraging words to her helped some, too.When we were finally convinced that she was okay, she smiled (the best smile) and said "Thank you". Then Mun Mas Loi and I waved and left the building.I am really proud of what I did. Even though I may have just been irritating and not at all helpful, it makes me feel good to think that at least I helped to make her smile. Despite the many many times I make a fool of myself, or the many many times I cause others to be angry, or even the many many other times when I might think for a second that I am hopeless, it is nice to know that at the very least, I can make someone smile. And like the poem indicates, that has made my day, and has made all the difference in the world.Deenana at 3:30 PM