NiGHt RaiN: The Unexpected
Navigation
Archives
Thank You
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
The Unexpected
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched......Ahh, that phrase is one that I've heard so many times before that it has never occured to me that I would actually be using it here in my blog. But, since the phrase itself means 'not to expect things', what can I say?Today I learnt how sad it is when your expectations fall short of what you hoped for, because today, I counted my chickens waayy before they were hatched.When I woke up this morning, wondering what the day ahead was going to be like, I had this beautiful poem in my mind that I had once read. I even re-read it this morning because it seemed perfect with how I expected the day to be (uh-oh. I expected!). The poem is about how a man doesn't care what would happen tomorrow because he had livedtoday to the fullest (the line goes 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today'). I figured that I was bound to have a fabulous day (today's the last day of the examinations), but of course, it didn't happen. All I was doing was counting the chickens before they are hatched when the phrase specifically told me not to. That's obedience for you.I expected the day to go like this: Go to school, study, take exam. Then leave exam hall running slow-mo with a giant smile and with my tudung flying behind me, Bollywood-style. Next, chat with friends and laugh happily. Finally, leave school early, be at heaven in the library, borrow books, and go home resting blissfully. Turned out that I had counted too many eggs in my basket before they hatched, and didn't even bother to carry the basket properly.Leaving the examination hall was nothing special. There weren't any beams of heavenly light pointing at me, and I certainly wasn't skipping. It was a dissapointingly normal feeling. I wasn't excited at all, although Mee Bakso cheered me up some. I did not laugh happily with friends, though I did play games with them to celebrate our last day of studying (as for now). In fact, before that game, I felt sick at heart and wanted to go home. But I could not and did not leave school early like I wanted to because we had to meet up with Zah. After that, I just went home, and luckily the trip away from school was fun and fine (met up with some people).When I arrived home, the computer in my room couldn't play properly, and I got kinda snappy. Now the day is almost over, and I can't say that this has one of the best days that I've ever had. Hopefully the day would somehow turn out slightly better. Watch a lot of tv, maybe? After all, the night hasn't yet arrived. Although, I shouldn't expect too much. Wouldn't wanna drop anymore eggs from my basket now, would I? Enough eggs haven't hatched already as it is.But don't think that my day was horrible from start to finish. I did have a good time with a couple of people, and I did laugh today, and I did smile. I watched Spongebob, I watched CSI, and now I'll be watching Inuyasha. It wasn't too bad a day.And the library was lovely. Absolutely lovely.Deenana at 2:34 AM