NiGHt RaiN: Robin
Navigation
Archives
Thank You
Friday, June 09, 2006
Robin
I can't find a quote for this one.
Heheheh.
.....
I learnt that I can easily find pleasure and peace in the little things in life. I'd like to think that, at least.
Sure, I love to dream up extravagant dreams, reveries which are fun to imagine. But at the same time, I don't ask for it. I'm content when I'm reading a book, or lying down on the sofa, or even just sitting in the car, way at the back. At these times, when you don't do anything or say anything, that's when I find it easiest to be at peace.
Some people love the noise and the excitement and the hustle and bustle of life. Well, I like it too. Just in a different way.
When I sit down in a car, with Kk Han beside me and my whole family in front, and the songs are playing, and the kids are chatting and singing, and you feel the vehicle moving beneath you; that's when I really feel content. I don't have to do anything, and I don't have to say anything, but I just sit, listen, and watch. It's like watching the world go by without participating in it, and to me that's very calming. I can sit in a car for miles, just watching and doing nothing.
And not just the car. Buses are included too. And MRTs. I think that's why I prefer going home alone. Silently sitting down, watching the world whoosh by infront of you and feeling the ground moving beneath you; the whole ride can be a trip of silent pleasure. I've come to really value that.
It's great to be with friends and family. It's wonderful to talk, and to interact, and to laugh. It's splendid to be a part of the world. But just observing the world is beautiful as well.Deenana at 7:26 PM