NiGHt RaiN: Spiky Hair
Navigation
Archives
Thank You
Friday, June 02, 2006
Spiky Hair
Surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us. ..... Boris Pasternak, you have got to be kidding me. Surprises can be nice, yes. But besides the nice surprise are also nasty ones. And then there are the surprises that are somewhere in between. How should I say it? As in, they're both wonderful yet nasty at the same time. It's kinda hard to explain. As hard as explaining 'different yet exactly the same', in fact. You're not quite sure what it means until you experience it for yourself. So, anyway. I got a call from a comrade today. It went like this: (After greetings) Comrade: Are you going to the tournament? Me: Well, I haven't really decided yet, but I guess so, yeah! When? Comrade: Well, there's badminton on the 2oth, futsal on the 22nd, and netball on the 23rd. SURPRISE! Me: Cool. Comrade: Btw, so and so got into the badminton tournament! SURPRISE! Me: Really? Comrade: Ya! And so got into futsal, together with so I think. Me: Which one did you get into? Comrade: *proudly* Netball. So anyway, we talked for a few seconds, then hung up. Ok, so you might think: "Ya alahh itu jer. Itu pon nak surprise sangat". But it was quite.... well... surprising. I wondered how come no one told me anything about it before now. Was I the only one who was late in the news? Maybe everyone else had already known. Like Mimah's party. Two days had passed before I found out that it was actually over. I didn't know that it was so early in the month of June, so when people talked about it, it came to me as quite a SURPRISE! Unless all surprises are wonderful, I really can't see how it can be a gift in life. Maybe there are somethings to be learnt from nasty surprises, but I sure can't think of one. I have a lot to learn. I realised that surprise comes when you expect something, and then when you're expectations don't meet, there would be a SURPRISE! Even if you don't expect ANYthing, it would still be considered as SOMEthing, because expecting NOTHING is still expecting SOMEthing (the something being nothing). And then I remembered that I had learnt before to not 'count your chickens until they had hatched'. Which shows just how much I actually learn form my mistakes. But, really. You can't help but expect something, I figure. You're always expecting something, right? Which brings me to the conclusion that you cannot not expect something, and you cannot avoid being surprised. And to wrap it all up: what have I learnt today? Nothing much, really. I was just really surprised. Deenana at 2:07 PM